Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

You're Still Driving?

Yesterday I took my mother, age 91 to the DMV to renew her license. She had studied for weeks and was prepared to answer all of the questions right! We had an appointment scheduled and we were ready to go.
The first thing the gentleman behind the counter asked when he saw he age, "are you still driving?" I smiled and took my seat as she began the process of reading the eye chart, answer some questions and going to another station for the "updated" photo to be taken.
That question kept running through my mind as I wonder about the wisdom of allowing her to continue driving. Yet when it was all said and done, she was successful and on her way!
As I texted and called everyone to let them know she would laugh at the responses from family and friends!
Once again my Mom takes the high road and resolved to not quit even though she is a bit too old these days! Ha, ha

As I left the house she hugged me and told me to Drive Safe! With a little side smile and wave good bye.
Gotta love it

1 comment:

Connie Jo Freeman said...

Oh, how I love your mom! She is who I want to be when I grow up!