Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Legacy

I recently attended a funeral for someone whom I did not know personally but I am close to her sister. The service was well attended and there were many family members there. The person had battled cancer for many years but through it all maintained a solid declaration of faith in the Lord.
Her family made a point of sharing the unique ways she would insist on hanging with the grandchildren along with playing games with the them. They all talked about her wisdom and willingness to give advise to those who asked.
I heard the word "legacy of faith" several times during the course of the service and it caused me to take stock in how easily 'the urgent' tasks seems to press in my daily routine. It would be easy for me to accept the pressure to change the value of keeping the path clear for those coming behind. As you know, we are not an island to ourselves. Our life choices and convictions communicates to people. Even when we do not think they are listening.
So, what kind of legacy are you setting for those around you?
It's time to take a look at whatever adjustments needed...

I know I am going to and with God's help build a legacy of faith!

No comments: