Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Filling and Empting









On the fourth of July, our sweet granddaughter came over with her family and we enjoyed a time in the backyard playing with the hose water. Her dad and mom had brought her over to enjoy the sprinklers and of course there was a need for a special sprayer for the event. There were several delightful squeals and laughter as she ran through the waving sprinkler but soon she settled down to other important matters.
The need to fill up a small bucket and pour it into the larger bucket was the most fun by all. She was determined to wash small rocks, float toys and place the Winnie the Pooh figure in the water to swim. We all just watched and enjoyed the water playtime through the eyes of an almost 21 month old.

I wonder sometimes if I don’t do the same in my daily routine. Many times I fill up by resting only to find that I need to pour out all the energy and efforts to others according to what each day brings.Is that a bad thing? No, I think it is a reality of who I am and what I choose to pour into. It may bring me joy or sorrow at the time. Whatever the case, I think I experience a bit more understanding of God’s love when I do. It is good to have a life that is willing to take action and will give without any concern for return. It is a valuable lesson to apply God’s principals in our lives as we count on and give so freely.

“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38

Filling and empting – A delightful way to live!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.