Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Check Your Mirrors

I was thinking about the value of looking back in my life with a  full intention of moving forward. When I'm driving, I try to continually check my rear view mirror. It's interesting how my thoughts immediately goes towards a negative direction. "Is someone tailgating?" "Can I change lanes now?"

In my personal life, its easy to question in the same way. "Did I miss that golden opportunity again?"   Really there is a value in checking the rear view mirror in my life. It's a healthy thing to look at those pathways of sharp turns and fruitfulness.

Phil. 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate (think) on these things."
 
"Logizo, is the Greek verb for "think on these things," is a mathematical or bookkeeping term. It points toward reflections as a means to take time and tally the goodness of God - keeping score of the good things! 
Why? Maybe because we so easily become preoccupied with things that are not good. 
Travel Light Today!
 

No comments: