Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Being In Control

Being a passenger can be very relaxing or frustrating. 

Recently, I went with my husband for a nice drive on a beautiful morning. Our destination was a mutual one and we had packed a lunch with lots of time to spare. As we left our neighborhood, I immediately became unraveled by the as he took a route that was a bit more challenging for me. The fact that he would have to turn left and go over four busy lanes of traffic just didn't seem easy and I quickly commented "I hate it when you go this way!" Tim simply replied, "I know!" and continued to drive.

You see he was in the driver's seat and I was along for the ride. I had no recourse but to sit and take in the landscape or react to every twist and turn. Really after all was said and done, we arrived at a breathtaking spot and drank in the beauty of God's handiwork. It was just what I needed at the time. Even though when we started off, I just didn't appreciate the way we were getting there!
  
What an insight of how I often see my Heavenly Father taking me to a place that I have never been before. Wow, do I ever complain and often I hate the journey and yet I get to see later the huge benefits of going along for the ride.

How about today we sit on the passenger side and enjoy the journey!

No comments: