Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Going the Distance with Love



The military is a new world for our family since our youngest son is now in the Army. This is the first time we will spend Christmas without him at our home. I know that we are just one of many people who experience this reality but for me it's sorbing to think of him away from our family traditions.  I find myself, questioning every past family experience that he had with us and wonder if those memories will carry  him through the tough times in the future. I pray that even the difficult times we had as we raised him, will fade away but the joyful memories are kept close. 

Occasionally this question will run through my mind,   "Does he really know how very much he is loved and missed?"  With God's help, I have hope that maybe through my efforts and daily prayers, he does. Truly my expressions of love are limited but God's love can give us all great value and purpose.

Today, let us take up the challenge and pray for doors of opportunity to open wide so we can and will express to others how much they really matter. Let us speak encouragement and tell them that even though there may be some distance, hurtful situations or disappointments from the past, they are loved! 
Let's go the distance!


No comments: