Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Broken Fences

When I see a broken fence, I want to immediately try to figure out  'How did this happen?' 
What was the story behind those broken pieces? Did someone lose control and their vehicle ran into it?  Was there any injuries?
Naturally, I will never know but the evidence was clear, something went  terrible wrong. 

What a powerful image this is because  I can see how the past hurts and broken dreams in my life are just  like that broken fence. As I ponder the reality that even though the fence line is broken, it is partially up so the impression could be that all is well. In truth, it is not effective in keeping things safe by not allowing easy access. So the question can be asked, "What has easy access to my mind and heart?" Can pride or discouragement gain a certain accessibly to my life? 

"Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times." Matthew 18:21-22

Mending those broken areas really begins with forgiveness. It is one of the ways that I can begin to allow for healing for those broken dreams and bring security to my life. Yes, it can be messy and hard work but the end results can be beyond my expectation.

Let's grab the tool of forgiveness and start to take some steps toward repair on our life's journey!


No comments: