Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Voicemail


 
 
The other day I picked up my cell phone and it showed a missed call that went right to voicemail. I didn't even hear the phone ring but thankfully the call wasn't too urgent. You know having a cell phone is a huge help in getting things done however 24/7 access can be exhausting.


    I've noticed lately I've become a bit passive about answering phone calls when I don't recognize the number or think it might not be important.  I tell myself, "Just let it go to voicemail." 

    I began to think about my relationship with the my Heavenly Father. You know, whenever He calls it is really a chance for me to answer and  to respond to His loving and gracious plan. A plan that may not seem right at the time but is guaranteed to do be eternally correct. A greater chance to make a difference beyond myself. 

    I have come to realize lately that He does not call  us to attempt for us to produce more but to ask and believe Him for more. To have a confidence to believe for greater works that He has in store for us to receive and by His grace achieve for His kingdoms's purpose and glory. 

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son." 
John 14:12-13 
Let's decide to respond to God's call by saying..."Oh, it' for me!"


No comments: