Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Map It First!

Just a few days ago we were coming from Medford, Oregon on our last leg of a week long vacation. After a lengthy conference with Tim's cousins on what would be the best route home, we had a confidence that a scenic journey would be a good one. Hwy 3 off of the 5 Fwy was a beautiful drive but one of the most intense and winding roads we have ever been on. Delays with road construction, logging trucks and 'slow' zones caused us to check into our not so beautiful hotel in Santa Rosa almost 4 hours later than expected.

Map it first! This is just what we did but the lack of details on this overall map didn't give us the kind of information to make a smooth and direct drive.

As we were driving this route the Lord reminded me of the scriptures and how it is the first place I need to go when I am not sure what to do next. It will give me the right direction when I need it, a scenic view or a safe journey home.
There is no better map in life! Give me Your Word, Oh Lord!

"I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word." Psalm 119:15-16

No comments: