Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

One More Graduate

It was Friday night and the cap and gown was ready to be worn by my son. He was graduating from high school!
As I stood there ironing the many creases in the paper thin gown, I reflected on the many hours of painful school work and struggle to keep him focus on what really was important at the time. I also wondered if during the ceremony he would try to be silly or rise to the occasion and act like an adult? Many emotions ran through my mind as I tried to finish the task of making it a smooth, clean gown. Before I knew it, my husband and I were standing next to our son, on stage, handing him his diploma.
What a wonderful night it was and our son continues to amaze me as the page has now turned. He is acting like an adult!
Seriously! Adult?!?!


No comments: