Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

They Want to Walk in Our Shoes



Today, I had the privilege of having some play time with my granddaughter. She is a toddler and full of fun! After a while she decided that my slippers were just the thing to try on. My shoe size is so big compared to her little feet. I could hardly keep a straight face when she slipped her tiny bare feet in. She was determined to wear them even when I told her that the slippers were too big for her. To my surprise she was able to maneuver these large shoes and take several steps without falling, enjoying every minute.

It didn't last long because she soon lost her balance. Before long she was ready for her own sandals and a trip out to the patio to play. Those shoes were just the right fit and perfect for her next adventure.


Like it our not, there are those by us who think that they want to try on our shoes. You know, they only see the good stuff... like the slippers; pink and fuzzy. The truth is that each of us have a reality of life that only we can travel on. We can give support and hope but each of us have to wear our own shoes and walk our own walk in life.


No comments: